Creole seasonings - make your own!
If you’re ready to make a Creole recipe but find you don’t have commercial Creole seasonings on hand, you can easily make your own. If you cook a lot of Creole dishes, you might want to make a big batch and store it in your cupboard. Make sure you place it in an airtight container and keep it in a cool, dark place.
Holle’s Creole Seasonings recipe
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup salt
- ¼ cup black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme, ground
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, ground
- 2 tablespoons dried basil, ground
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions: Blend all ingredients well and place in a jar. Your Creole seasonings will keep for about three months if stored properly. Ingredients will likely settle, so mix well just before using.