southern food recipe
Like many examples of southern food, this one is very satisfying. We enjoy it year round, but I especially like it on a cold night. Since it cooks in a crock pot or slow cooker, the meat is super tender. This recipe makes great use of cheap cuts of beef that would otherwise be tough. The gravy from the crock pot is yummy with biscuits!
Holle’s Crock Pot Beef and Gravy with Vegetables
What you’ll need:
- Beef roast, 2 or 3 pounds
- 1 Vidalia onion, cut into chunks
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 cup water
- 1 package frozen large-cut stew vegetables, thawed
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
Directions: Cut beef into “chunks” and place in crock pot. Cover with Vidalia onion pieces.
Combine soup, BQQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Liquid Smoke, and water. Pour over meat and onion. Add thawed veggies. Sprinkle contents of pot with garlic salt and pepper.
Cook on low for about eight hours. Stir before serving. Spoon over biscuits.