Cook the homemade hamburgers on the grill.
With these homemade hamburgers, you won’t be asking, “Where’s the beef?” A half pound of beef will be right there on your bun – in two forms. You’ll have a nice quarter-pound grilled burger patty, and on top of that, you’ll get ¼ pound of fajita steak, with all the trimmings. It’s beef and more beef!
For these homemade burgers to be served properly, you’ll need to use buns or rolls with high domed lids. You’ll need to scoop out some of the bread from the top halves of the buns to make room for the fajita meat and toppings.
Holle’s Fajita Burgers recipe
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound ground chuck or ground round
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 pound fajita beef, in small strips
- 1 packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1 cup onion strips
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1/3 cup red pepper strips
- 4 hamburger buns or large rolls
- Lime juice
- 4 heaping tablespoons grated cheese
- Sour cream
Directions: Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and chipotle powder. Form into four burgers and grill until desired doneness.
Sauté fajita beef, fajita seasoning, onions, and bell peppers.
Cook the fajita meat and veggies on the stove.
Place cooked patties on bottom halves of buns. Add fajita mixture and drizzle with lime juice. Top with grated cheese and sour cream. Place top buns on and enjoy!