Homemade salsa is sooooo much better than just about any salsa you can buy at the store. And one of the best aspects of this is that you can create your own homemade salsa recipes to address your personal preferences or what you might have handy in your garden or your kitchen. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to making salsa!
Holle’s Southwestern Salsa recipe
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed completely
- 1 can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions: Place all ingredients except for lime juice and sugar in a large bowl.
Dissolve sugar in lime juice and add to bowl.
Toss ingredients until blended. Refrigerate for a couple of hours for flavors to mingle.