garlic chicken recipe
Robert Benson shared this southern food dish with me. Rob is a country boy from a small town in South Georgia, but he lives in the Tampa area now and has his own pastry business. He makes some amazing, beautiful cakes! The following recipe, however, proves that Rob can create some awesome southern recipes for entrees, too.
1 chicken, cut up as for frying, or 6-8 chicken thighs (dark meat is best for this recipe)
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup olive oil
2-3 heads of garlic, crushed or chopped
1/2 cup white wine
Directions: Generously salt and pepper chicken. Heat oil and butter in heavy skillet. Add chicken and saute uncovered for about 30-40 minutes. Turn as needed so all sides have a gold brown crust. When chicken is cooked, add garlic and let the garlic cook for about 1 minute, then add wine. Immediately cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- I typically use chicken thighs, as the dark meat is the best choice for this recipe
- Salt and pepper chicken a day in advance, refrigerate, but take out about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Vermouth can be use instead of wine
- Jared garlic is not recommended, it’s worth the extra work to use use fresh.
- After simmering for 15 minutes, take off heat- keep covered and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, along with some good hot bread for sopping up the sauce!
Passion is key to making good food, GREAT FOOD!
Visit my site:
One of Chef Rob's gorgeous desserts!