Another Southern food favorite!
This is a time-honored recipe for traditional Southern potato salad – nothing fancy or flashy, just honest-to-goodness tater salad! This dish is perfect for serving with other Southern favorites like baked ham, fried chicken, and barbecue. Take it along on picnics or serve it at your next cookout! If you want to “fancy it up,” you can add your favorite veggies, herbs, and spices.
Holle’s Southern Potato Salad recipe
What you’ll need:
- 6 cups peeled and diced potatoes, cooked and drained
- ½ cup chopped Vidalia onions
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 5 boiled eggs, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Raw carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and/or apple slices for garnish (optional)
Directions: Cool potatoes in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Place potatoes in a large bowl and combine with remaining ingredients.
Garnish with fruits and veggies, if desired.
Cover and store in refrigerator until well chilled.