Tex-Mex hashbrown casserole
This yummy casserole is easy to put together, and it’s colorful, too. I like to use Ranch-flavored Doritos for the topping, but you can use any flavor you like. Actually, any type of tortilla chips will do nicely. This dish goes well with most any meat or poultry, and it can also be used as a breakfast dish.
Holle’s Tex-Mex Hash Brown Casserole recipe
What you’ll need:
- 1 32-ounce bag frozen hash browns
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can chopped green chilies, drained – reserve liquid
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- Garlic salt, to taste
- 1 cup grated taco cheese blend
- 1 ½ cups crushed Doritos
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Directions: Thaw hash browns and place in a large bowl. Mix in sour cream, soup, green chilies, bell pepper, onions, garlic salt, and cheese. Add some of the liquid from the chilies, according to your taste.
Place mixture in a buttered 9 x 13 dish.
Sprinkle Doritos crumbs on top. Drizzle with melted butter.
Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees.