These cheese pinecones make attractive Thanksgiving appetizers. A cheese pinecone or two would also be appropriate as a party food for a Christmas get-together. They’re simple to make, although they are somewhat time consuming. I always like to insert some fake greenery in the “stem end” to make the pinecones more realistic.
Holle’s Cheese Pinecones recipe
what you’ll need:
- 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- sliced almonds
Directions: Combine all ingredients except for sliced almonds. Shape mixture into an egg. Insert sliced almonds into cheese egg so that it resembles a pinecone.
Serve with crackers.