spicy vegetarian soup recipe
All vegetarian recipes don’t have to be boring. In fact, I have several hearty soup recipes that don’t contain any type of flesh. The one I’m sharing with you today is an easy soup recipe that’s not only hearty and delicious, it’s also healthy and super easy to make. The beefy flavor and texture comes from Meal Starters, a product made by Morning Star. Its texture and flavor are very similar to hamburger meat that’s been browned and then broken up into crumbles.
Spicy vegetable soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can water
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup V-8 juice
- 12-ounce package Meal Starters
- 2 cans Veg-all, with liquid
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 can whole kernel corn, with juice
- ½ cup rice
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions: In a large Dutch oven, melt butter and add chopped onion. Sauté onion until soft. Add cream of mushroom soup, water, tomato sauce, and V-8 juice. Stir briskly with a whisk. Turn burner to medium high. Add all remaining ingredients and stir.
Bring pot to a boil and boil for one minute. Place lid on Dutch oven and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 25-30 minutes. Add more water, if needed.