Recipe Type: Salad
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Chicken salad is one of my favorite low carb recipes, especially in the warmer months. Almost all chicken salad recipes are low in carbs because the ingredients are usually no carb or low carb foods. These include chicken, celery, eggs, and mayonnaise. I have lots of chicken salad recipes, most of which are my own creations. If you’ve followed many of my recipes, you know that I enjoy coming up with new ones. I like all kinds of chicken salad recipes, ranging from nutty to fruity to savory. The chicken salad recipe I’m sharing with you here is for those who enjoy some heat in their favorite dishes. This dish provides a nice amount of tantalizing heat, along with a cool lime undertone. I don’t find the heat in this recipe overwhelming, but if you think it might be too hot for you and your family, reduce the amount of jalapeno and chili powder. You might also want to use more mayonnaise in your recipe. I like to use just enough mayo to hold the ingredients together. The texture of your dish will largely depend on how you choose to prepare your chicken. If you like chunky chicken salad, cube the chicken. If you prefer a not-so-chunky salad, dice or chop the chicken. As for my personal preference, I like to shred my chicken, even when I use canned chicken. I find that with smaller-sized ingredients, I don’t have to use as much mayonnaise as I would with larger-sized ingredients.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 stalk celery, chopped or sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pickled jalapenos
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder OR chipotle powder
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, celery, red onion, and pickled jalapenos.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and place in fridge until ready to serve.