- ½ cup broken pecans
- 2 pounds frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, toast nuts over medium heat until brown. Remove nuts from pan and set aside.
- Dry sprouts and coat with oil. Roast Brussels sprouts for 40 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- In skillet, sauté onions in olive oil. When onions are just beginning to get soft, add the Brussels sprouts, the pecans, the cranberries, and bacon bits.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and vinegar and pour over skillet ingredients. Add butter and stir to coat and heat Brussels sprouts. Add salt as needed.