Recipe type: Seafood
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
I recently posted an article on this site about seafood sauces to serve with stone crab. A commenter reminded me about a stone crab mustard sauce that I sometimes make, so I decided to post it, too. This mustard sauce for stone crab is very similar to Joe’s Stone Crab mustard sauce, but I actually think mine is a little better. Why do I think my mustard sauce for stone crab is better? I think it’s because I like some sweetness with most of my seafood sauce recipes, and I also prefer a little brightness. I get the brightness from adding some lime juice to my mustard seafood sauce. This seafood sauce recipe is great with stone crab claws, crab legs, roasted oysters, steamed shrimp, and finned fish – no matter what seafood recipes are used. This mustard sauce is good with stone crab claws that are served cold, warm, or hot. In fact, you can even warm the sauce up some in the microwave oven, if you prefer. As for my family, we like to eat the stone crab claws chilled with this mustard sauce for stone crab. There’s certainly no law, however, that says you have to prefer your stone crab claws the same way. In fact, if you want a mustard sauce with more heat, add some hot sauce or some grated horseradish.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- stone crab claws
- Whisk together mayonnaise and cream in a medium-size bowl until smooth.
- In a small bowl, dissolve sugar in lime juice.
- Add the sweetened lime juice to the mayonnaise and cream.
- Blend in Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard powder, and prepared brown mustard.
- Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add minced garlic and give the mustard sauce another good stir.
- Cover and refrigerate.