This is another of my pescatarian recipes. It’s a great way to use leftover boiled shrimp and blue crabs. Actually, you can use any type of crabmeat in this recipe, but I think blue crabs are the tastiest of all the different varieties of crabs. In fact, I find that blue crabs are best in most of the crab recipes I make. That could just be because I’m from the South, and we can catch our own blue crabs.
Southern Seafood Salad recipe
- ½ pound fresh or refrigerated crabmeat
- ½ pound boiled shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup chopped Vidalia onion
- ¼ cup finely diced sweet red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped celery
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons bottled ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt with parsley
- Lime juice
Check crabmeat for any shell fragments. Place crabmeat in several layers of paper towels and remove as much “juice” as possible.
Place cooked shrimp in a bowl and chop. Add crabmeat, onion, red bell pepper, and celery.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ranch dressing, hot sauce, chili powder, and garlic salt to make a dressing. Toss crab and shrimp with dressing.
Place a scoop of the seafood salad on a tomato or mixed greens and drizzle with a little lime juice and sprinkle with paprika.